Sunday, May 31, 2009

Once A Star, Always A Star


Joe Nieuwendyk will officially be announced as the Dallas Stars new general manager on Monday. “I am very excited about returning to the Dallas Stars as General Manager,” said Nieuwendyk. “I am ready for this opportunity. The Dallas Stars have built a winning tradition over the years and I want to help continue that legacy. My family is very excited about returning to Dallas. I have great memories from my playing days with the Stars and look forward to helping this team win as General Manager.”

Brett Hull will now be Executive Vice President and Alternative Governor and Les Jackson will be the Director of Scouting and Player Development, a role he once held prior to his co-gm position.

Nieuwendyk left his assistant to the general manager position, granted by the Leafs front office, and will look to continue his great hockey knowledge as the lead man in Dallas.

Micheal A. Aldred
michealaldred@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment